The domain of education covers collaborations between West Montreal Readaptation Centre (WMRC) and teaching institutions, as well as the development of specialized curricula related to intellectual disability (ID) and pervasive developmental disorders (PDD).
It includes the following activities:
- organization of internships for students of all levels;
- welcome and orientation of interns (from Quebec and the rest of Canada, and internationally);
- support to internship supervisors;
- relations with colleges and universities, including promoting Centres de réadaptation en déficience intellectuelle et en troubles envahissants du développement (CRDITED) as internship opportunities;
- participating in the development of courses and programs on ID and PDD.